Keep up with all things New Orleans as this group of 14 Missouri State University students venture out to explore New Orleans' history and dedication to urban renewal!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Thank You to Everyone Involved!


Finally, I just want to thank everyone who was instrumental in creating this trip. I apologize if this sounds like an Oscar’s acceptance speech. Although I certainly believe I do deserve an Oscar, it will never happen. I just am amazed that everyone has come together to help make this trip so amazing, and I appreciate all the time that was put into this by everyone.

Thank you to Walter and Aubrey for helping me and Kelly prepare for the trip, and thank you to Patrick Grayshaw for being such a great advisor to Bear Breaks.  

To all of the New Orleans participants – Thank you so much for coming on this journey with us. You are all such hard workers and I really enjoyed getting to know you and growing with you all!

Amanda Gabbard – We all really appreciate the many hours that you have put in to all of these trips. You are awesome, and none of these trips would have been so great without all of your help!

Jared Cates and Michelle Ciesielski – You are both awesome advisors. I really appreciate that you listened and gave awesome advice. Whether it was about the trip or life in general, you were very understanding and genuine, and I am glad I was able to open up with you and talk to you about everything. I have no doubt that you will both do great things working with students in the future. I really look up to both of you very much.

Kelly Mazzoni – Thank you for planning this trip with me! I really enjoyed working with you and getting to know you for the past year. Even though we “bicker like a married couple” all of the time, I really have enjoyed it all. Thank you for dealing with me for so long. Come visit me in Cincinnati!

Thank you to anyone else who has assisted us throughout the process. The past two years’ alternative breaks have been my favorite college experiences, and I wouldn’t trade them for the world. Thank you!

Daniel Schekorra

No comments:

Post a Comment